Shop invitations + more at Maida-Vale.com

Monday, December 1, 2008

DIY: Diaper cake.




This past spring, I put together a diaper cake for a co-worker who became a new mother. She was on bed rest for a good portion of her pregnancy, so I wanted to send over a special treat that was not only cheerful, but also useful. If you are hosting a baby shower, this project could also double as a pretty (and unique) centerpiece.

Although it might look complicated, the "cake" was fairly easy to create. I followed these instructions, but think there should have been direction as to what size of a cardboard cake platform to use. I ended up with one that was a bit on the large side, so I'd recommend getting the 14" size.

Now, I just have to wait for more friends to procreate... ;)

1 comment:

Penny Pickles said...

That is one of the prettiest ones i have ever seen!!!