Shop invitations + more at Maida-Vale.com

Friday, May 27, 2011

Ideal anniversary gifts.

My husband and I try to stick to the traditional anniversary gifts each year. I love that this has become a little tradition of our own. On our first anniversary, he presented me with a collection of his own illustrations of important events that year. On our fifth, I gave him a wood-framed print that perfectly reflected a reading from our wedding ceremony.

Now, as our 7th approaches, I'm looking at the list and kind of baffled. Wool and copper? Wool is so inappropriate in July. Copper? Well, I think I'm going to have to get a bit creative with his gift this year.

So, what makes a good gift for a woman with an impending anniversary? Here are some fun ideas for a random smattering of milestone years. Enjoy!

1st Anniversary
Paper
Personalized Letterpress Stationery


4th Anniversary
Silk
A silk dress (perfect for a special night out)


8th Anniversary

Bronze
Paired Hexagons Necklace


8th Anniversary
Salt
Fauchon Caramels with Fleur de Sel

No comments: