Shop invitations + more at Maida-Vale.com

Thursday, May 6, 2010

3 gorgeous gowns + 1 fab pair of shoes (as seen in Paris).

Hello everyone! I am back after six nights in lovely Paris. The last time I visited the city was 16 years ago, and since I didn't leave with a very good impression that time, I was excited to give it another try. I'm so glad I did as I ended up loving everything the city had to offer—from the pastries to the people.

With a good friend by my side, I rented a pretty little apartment in the 6th arrondissement (neighborhood). Our time was spent exploring, discovering the amazing cuisine, soaking up the sights and window shopping (or window licking as the French call it).

If you are getting married this year and are still trying to decide on a honeymoon destination, the Euro is quite low right now, and Paris is definitely a city for romance. Over the next few posts, I'm going to share some finds with you. Starting with fashion...


Carlos Miele
380 Rue Saint Honoré, 1st
Brazilian designer Carlos Miele can be found in New York, Miami and Paris. This layered gown is elegant but not necessarily formal. The variation in color stopped me in my tracks. Wouldn't it photograph beautifully on a bridesmaid?


Mi & Canna
59 Boulevard Raspail, 6th
Hello, gorgeous! This unique charcoal dress with handpainted flowers and overflowing tulle is certainly dramatic. The asymmetrical neckline is fab, too. I would love to see (or, better yet, attend!) a wedding with a dress like this.


BCBG Max Azria
176 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 6th
While BCBG is a label familiar to the US, I had not seen this sweet dress before wandering around Paris. The applique detailing is delicious in person, and it would make a great informal wedding or getaway dress. At a price of less than $400, it would be a good choice for a bride on a budget, as well.


Michel Perry
243 Rue Saint-Honoré, 1st

Shoe and accessory designer Michel Perry has created what might be my new favorite shoe. These delightful heels are oh-so-tasty and clever, as well. As I was falling all over myself looking at them, the store clerk asked me and my friend if we'd like to come back later to "play". Yes please!

More coming soon...

1 comment:

Brasspaperclip said...

Ahhh....Paris! I was there as a child and once again in college...didn't love it my first time either! But I ended up getting engaged there 5 years ago and fell in love with the city. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest of your posts. :)