Shop invitations + more at Maida-Vale.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sour Apple + Robin's Egg.

My husband and I attended a beautiful wedding this past weekend (Congrats Ailey & Ritchie!). There were many lovely, personal details weaved into the event and, as a result, it felt really special and different. During the cocktail hour, a mariachi band softly played while guests were treated to signature cocktails inspired by the couple's travels. After dinner, a touching slideshow gave guests a glimpse into the couple's past. And, finally, a detail I really loved was the display of delicious Top Pot doughnuts the bride and groom chose in lieu of a traditional cake. Fabulous!

Anyhow, I was honored to create a version of my Wren invitation for Ailey & Ritchie. The bride chose a pretty patterned paper that I used to create sashes that held the entire suite together. Paired with a sour apple envelope, the overall look was bright and happy. A perfect reflection of such a fun and loving couple!





Samples now available in the shop. Thanks!

1 comment:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Very pretty invite! Love the color combo!