Shop invitations + more at Maida-Vale.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Urban Unveiled.

Last Thursday, I attended an incredible wedding event here in Seattle: Urban Unveiled. You might suspect that I am not a huge fan of big wedding shows. Going into this event, I had very little idea of what it would be like... and it turned out to be unbelievably chic and fun. Exactly the kind of thing I would have wanted to attend when wedding planning.

Servers were passing tasty little bites (mini hot dogs, cold Chinese noodles in takeaway boxes) and pretty cocktails, a dj was spinning calming, atmospheric music, and the lighting was low enough to put everyone in the right mood for mingling. On top of that, the vendors were some of the highest quality I could have imagined in a room together. Needless to say, I simply cannot wait until next year's event!

Why am I sharing all of this with you? Because I came away with a very important tidbit of knowledge that must be shared. Caramel apples at a wedding are a bad idea. They may look adorable, but what happens to your teeth afterwards is not a pretty sight. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny that, about the caramel apples....but the photos are splendid! thank you!
smiles.